Friday, October 5, 2012

TsuRag the Stringless Durag

What's up world. Sorry guys it has been a while for me because I have been handeling some school business. Have to stay educated. Today I am bringing a familiar topic that also may not be as familiar to some. This is a review of The TsuRag: Stringless Durag. Now I know what you are thinking this makes no sense but I will explain. Here are a couple of pictures of how it looks at its logo.


There are a few reasons why after seeing guys on Facebook  blogs, youtube, and twitter that I wanted to try this new age durag. First reason is because of the name as crazy as it might sound. Second reason is because of the claims of not leaving imprint lines on the forehead. Third is because I knew I'd be one of the only people I knew with it so this will help me get a true feel for the product. Fourth is the cool design lol.


  1. Let's start with the material. It's very silky but not thin. It helps to where you know your head can breathe but thick enough to where your hair will not release moisture. 
  2. Price $10. This may seem high but regular durags, satin wraps, and stocking caps usually are of poor quality and you may have to buy more just to keep up with the demands of your hair because they are ripping, snagging, or uncomfortable. You are paying for quality which in turn is cheaper in the long run.
  3. The design. It does not have strings so that reduces the chance of leaving forehead lines and suffocating your head. It has two straps in the front that velcro to your back, and two velcro straps in back that you flip up and pull forward to seal the cap on to your head. There are videos on youtube and Facebook that can visually show how this is done.
  4. Another cool feature is unlike most head gear for hair you can personalize/customize it. Izzy is a nickname my aunt gave me so I decided to go with that. This will help so none of your friends can take it lol.
Now I couldn't give a true review without a real comparison. After receiving the TsuRag I tried it out for about 3 weeks. After that process I went back to my durag for 3 weeks. This helped me to see exactly which one was working for me.

  1. The material. The satin/silk feel of the TsuRag left my hair soft, smooth, shiny, and more uniformed. The durag to me began leaving my hair dry and on occasions shifted (wild sleeper) which does not help. This in turn released moisture and left my hair feeling dry.
  2. I counted how many durags I had and I have about 4 and some have snags from pulling them tighter. Those durags at about $3 a piece, $12 total) equal the price of a TsuRag. Remeber you pay for quality and those might not have been the only ones I have.
  3. The design. The TsuRag's design is top notch. The durags are just not durable enough because of their design and how thin they are. This does not aid in keeping hair and scalp truly healthy because of the release of moisture.
  4. Only major difference is that TsuRag's are only offered online. Connivence is probably the only difference between these two but if you are willing to be patient then the wait is worth it.
Now after using both products I know I will stick with the TsuRag. It's versatile and being in college it helps me because it's a quick process to put on without having to sit in the mirror. I want to bust one myth about lines on the forehead by durags and now some claiming TsuRag does the same. Whichever you choose is totally your choice however, these rags do not leave lines because of their set up its only because a person is tying it to tight. Next I'll bring a how to on how to clean and keep your TsuRag fresh.

I do recommend this product. It is a great product and will save you money, time, effort, and headaches.  If you guys have any questions add me as a friend or message on Facebook. Please hit the subscribe button to your right and comment. Until next time stay humble, stay happy, stay wavy. Remember to go out and Vote

I am not a paid associate, spokesperson, or affiliate of the company just a happy consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment