Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream

This is a review for a product I purchased back in late June. The product caught my eye while I was walking in Wal-Mart because of the natural hair tag on the front of the label. I wanted to know exactly what this product was all about. It is a great product for those trying to achieve curls, waves, twist, and other hairstyles that many individuals enjoy naturally. The product has claims of healing dry and damaged hair as well as providing intense moisture and strength. As most products its directions emphasize applying and styling to damp hair from root to hair shaft. However, can be applied to dry hair in order to "enhance" curls. The information I am going to provide on the pros and cons are based on my own experiences and your experience might be different.




Positives

  1. Product smells great. It is a little strong given that fragrance has been included in its ingredients. The smell reminds me of coconut mixed with cinnamon and nutmeg with a hint of vanilla.
  2. Price. Very cost efficient for 12 oz it ran me around $6.50.
  3. Consistency is very creamy. Not thick but similar to a smooth lotion.
  4. Contains a great deal of natural products like shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera, jojoba oil, mango seed butter, and other great oils that promote various hair benefits.
  5. Explains on label that the product does not contain sulfates, mineral oil, sulfates, and other harmful ingredients.
Negatives
  1. Smell Became overwhelming because it is strong. I was able to endure it but it can really get to my nose.
  2. Not 100% natural. Does contain petrolatum and other synthetic ingredients. This for others may not be a huge deal which it should not but just a personal preference and did not fall under what I wanted through all natural.
  3. Did not give me the moisture I wanted. It felt as though it left my hair a little dry and after I took off a durag or stocking cap.
Conclusion: All in all this a good product for those trying to achieve that natural curl look and feel. It is something I would suggest to try out. Comment give me your feedback, if you would like me to review a product let me know, and add me on Facebook. Until next week stay positive. (Not a paid spokesperson just my own personal experiences)

1 comment:

  1. Here's the link to a great guide for all wavers alike, It has mad reviews on Cantu Shea Butter and the TSURAG. http://fileme.us/file/0ne569

    ReplyDelete